Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Bassman27 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavillion 500 upgrade to sound card

Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I'm using a TASCAM external USB connected audio interface to connect guitars, mics, etc, to my Pavillion 500 for recording purposes. The USB connection provides line-in to the PC (and my DAW software), and allows simultaneous line-out for playback and monitoring - my speakers are connected to the TASCAM interface, not the speaker outputs from the PC.

This process worked well using the standard installed integrated CODECs that came with the PC.

However, the CODECs on the PC are proving to be "underpowered" and can't support the recording software I'm using, without causing latency/delay problems.

So I've recently upgraded the PC by installing a Soundblaster PCIE soundcard - however, now the USB audio connections to the external interface are not recognised and line-in and line-out connections can only be achieved by using the jack plugs on the new sound card - which works, but is not what I'm after.

Is there anything I can do to get the USB connection to the "soundcard" back - is this a configuration issue, a PC issue or a Soundcard issue ?

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
7771 449 840
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavillion 500 upgrade to sound card

Hi @bassman,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! From your description your issue is related to linking connecting to the Soundblaster audio card you installed using a USB interface to your TASCAM device. I am happy to help you with this.

In answer to your question, I would advise you try the support forums both for your new Soundblaster card and probably your TASCAM device as well to see if there is some specific configuration required to link the two.

TASCAM Support  - tascam.com/support

CREATIVE Worldwide Support - support.creative.com

I hope that helps, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation