cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
HPElite
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pegatron M2N78-LA Sata Controller Does not find Hard drive or CDrom

The computer boots the HP Screen and Freezes.  I have spent 3 days diagnosing the problem. I am unable to enter any option; F10, F9, F11, esc. Screen says version 5.03

If I disconnect the sata connections, I am able to enter the setup (F10) or run a diagnostics (F9).  Daignostics says good processor and memory. No HDD connected and ends testing.

I tried to do a fresh install with a Win 7 disk in the CD, but the Sata controller locks up and I get the message no bootable device detected.

My question: Is there a work around for this mother board? for example, using a pci sata raid controller? my research shows that the sata raid controller has to have the windows software installed first. 

Special NOTE: the bios does not offer usb boot only CD, HDD, or Floppy (even though there is no floppy on the system) 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
10,193 10,029 1,366 3,739
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pegatron M2N78-LA Sata Controller Does not find Hard drive or CDrom

What HP model # do you have (just for the record I am keeping)?

If the attempted fresh install started the format process the OS is likely damaged. You will not know until you try

this proven Sata controller card. Rather than repost all that I said, I will offer you the link.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation