cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Loudie
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Pen and Touch missing from control panal

HP Recommended

Touchsmart 520

My touchscreen works in HP Magic Canvas but not in the normal desktop.

Pen and Touch is missing from the Control Panal so I cannot adjust it there.

Please assit. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
frrw
Level 8
1,890 1,885 83 185
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello Loudie:
Please give us your computer's information and operating windows and bits. Example mine is HP Touchsmart 600-1050 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Versions 3 touchsmart software. Thank you frrw. Hp Touchsmart 520- ???? Windows ? Bit ?.
0 Kudos
Loudie
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Touchsmart 520 1010uk Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Thx

0 Kudos
ibfrenchy
Level 8
Level 8
602 597 47 440
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You may want to try re-installing all the touch applications. You can also look for updates for your PC, just go to HP.COM and check for updates.

here is the generic page for your PC

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=uk&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5176...

here is a link to just the touchscreen driver

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=cp-97862-1&cc=uk&dlc=en&lc=en&...

good luck

I'm an HP employee
0 Kudos
Loudie
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks

I now have the Pen and Touch back but touchscreen still only works when I have HP Magic Canvas or the HP Support Assistant on.

Very strange.

0 Kudos
JB_1961
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I do not have touch and oen capabilities.

0 Kudos
TTgirl
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have an HP EliteBook and had to re-innstall Windows 7 Pro 64, my touch screen settings aren't listed in the control panel at all, I am not sure what driver I need to download for this, do you know? Thanks
0 Kudos
Tonyaa
1 1 0 1
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My smart touch screen laptop has not worked since I upgraded to windows 10, I have exhausted all the suggestion from the community, Hp support, microsoft and no body has  solution to this issue. I have no pen and touch. Hp. please, fix this problem. 

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation