Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I bought an Hp Elitebook 8570p. It works with the same 16GB memory modules I tried on the 4540s. But be careful, it's quite a lot more expensive.

HP Recommended

We bought model # C6Z36UT (i3), over 15 of them. They are pre-configured models, on TigerDirect. And we bought one custom made model # A1J57AV (i7) shipped out of China. I am getting a pre-configured i7 in the next 2 days and will try 16GB in that one as well so stay tuned. I will order more RAM from Crucial as well. I will let you guys know what I found out.

Regarding the troubleshooting ticket with HP Business Division, they are actively working on it. It was escalated and multiple departments are working on this. Still no findings though. I will keep you guys updated as well.

EliteBooks are a lot more expensive and yes they will work with 16GB of RAM.

HP Recommended

Ok guys. I still haven't received my pre-configured i7 but I got another one of the i3, model # C6Z36UT. I haven't received my 2 x 8GB of RAM from Crucial yet but I said what the heck. Why not try to time this new i3 with a Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 on it, no software, set under WORKGROUP.

I booted it just fine with its original 4GB of RAM. From turning it on to login window, around 24 seconds. Tried that 3 times in a row so 24 seconds was the average. Then added one 8GB module for a total of 12GB of RAM. Turned it on and booted it fine in 23 seconds. 3 times in a row.

Once I get that i7 and that new RAM, more tests to perform. I am updating the HP techs as well as we speak.

HP Recommended

I just found out I won't receive my i7 until Monday.

HP Recommended
I received the RAM from Crucial though, two x 8GB modules with the following specs:
DDR3 PC3-10600, CL=9, Unbuffered, NON-ECC, DDR3-1333, 1.35V, 1024Meg x 64.

I inserted them in the i3 model # C6Z36UT. I booted it fine between 22 and 23 seconds with 16GB of RAM total. By the way, this is with a HDD (clean HP Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1 without any junkware).
HP Recommended
Same issue I face 4540s i5 , 1 gb graphics card machine. I upgrading machine 8 to 16 gb, machine not supported card and ram,. Hp what should I do ?
HP Recommended

If you read carefully the thread, you'll see that there's no fix so far, you'll need to buy another laptop if you want to have more than 8 GB.

Anyway you could try the latest BIOS upgrade F.32-1 Dec 2012. But I don't know if it'll work...

http://tinyurl.com/czu4x3o

HP Recommended

Your ProBook is a Business model.  Your issue would be best answered on the HP Enterprise Business Community Forums  

Try posting and/or searching the forums there before totally giving up.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

UniProg is correct. Actually calling their 800 number is best. I have been a business customer since 1999. They are really good at handling calls. When you call the business side of tech support, you get a different group than the Pavilion line.

Now sorry for being so quiet for so long. My case was escalated again. They asked me for all the serial numbers of the i3s I have (13 of them) plus the other serial numbers of the i7. 

By the way, I received my pre-configured i7 and I inserted the 2 x 8GB modules in it. Worked fine. With an SSD in it, it booted up under 12 seconds. I reported it to HP and that makes it even more confusing now (that's why they wanted all the serial numbers so they can track that issue... I'm guessing at the assembly line level?). Anyways, the only differences between the custom made SLOW i7 with 16GB of RAM and the pre-configured one? The custom made one has the fastest i7 HP carries for that type of laptop, and it had the discrete ATI video adapter. The preconfigured one only had the built-in Intel HD Graphics adapter and a slightly slower model of the Quand Core i7. I'm puzzled.

HP Recommended

I am facing the same issue when I upgrade the memory 8GB to 16GB. Please advise a solution to 16 GB ram on my probook 4540s.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.