Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
FZubairi Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Port menu and USB Serial Controller missing from device manager

HP ALL in one 520-1030
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
I don't see ports menu in device manager.

Also, the USB serial controller entry is missing from the device manager menu under USB entries.

I need to install a 3D printer driver that connects via USB. However, its driver does not get loaded. The printer devices shows itself under other devices without driver and does not accept many drivers that I have tried.

Thanks
1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
3798 201 431
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Port menu and USB Serial Controller missing from device manager

Hi @FZubairi,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with installing a 3d printer. I will be glad to help you.

If the device is showing as other device, It is being seen by the computer usb connection. 

I would suggest disconnection the usb cable from the computer.

Removing the unknown device.

Contacting the printer manufacture for install instuctions.

DO NOT CONNECT THE USB CABLE UNTIL DRIVERS ARE INSTALLED.

After the printer software has been install it is ok to connect usb cable.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :)

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation