cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JT_Yui
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Possible Upgrades for HP Pavilion p6355d

HP Pavilion p6335d
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I plan on upgrading my CPU because I'm a gamer and most of the games these days require really strong PCs If I were to upgrade my graphics card and RAM only without upgrading other parts too, what are my choices? If I were to upgrade my RAM to 16 GB, what parts do I need upgraded with it? (I appreciate recommendations) What would be a cheap upgrade for my PC (in your opinion) that would give me a decent to high performance.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
granthik
Level 4
122 113 11 18
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Firstly,without changing the processor it is pointless to add a gpu as new games wont run without a quad core..about that,your motherboard heavily limits your choices as it will support only the following processor upgrades-

• Intel Core i7-8xx (Lynnfield core)
  • Intel Core i5-7xx (Lynnfield core)
  • Intel Core i5-6xx (Clarkdale core)
  • Intel Core i3-5xx (Clarkdale core)

none of these will provide a powerful enough experience...also, newer graphics cards will not be supported by the MB as your pc is a legacy bios system

since your pc is quite old (2009 model), turning it into a gaming machine will require a complete overhaul that will include changing the motherboard,RAM, graphics card,processor and power supply(also the case if the graphics card you buy is not a small form factor one)...and that wont be,even at the best, cheap...if you are ready to do that then i can suggest the best possible upgrade...

Hope this helps

Did this reply resolve your post or question?

If yes, then share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by accepting this solution.
You can also show your appreciation by giving kudos.

JT_Yui
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I thought so.
Thanks for the reply! I guess I'll try to save some budget first then.
Sorry for the very late reply. I haven't been able to sign in to the forums since I keep getting this bad gateway error.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
granthik
Level 4
122 113 11 18
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

no worries...glad i could help

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation