Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TTaff Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power Up Issue

HP Touchsmart 520-1030
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When I try to power up the fan runs for about a half second then shuts down.  It automatically repeats the process until manually ended by unplugging the power source.  The power supply is outputting 20 volts as expected.  

Update - Found one of the RAM modules was bad.  It's running on 2 Gig now so it's painfully slow but I have more coming!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18220 18170 1483 2517
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power Up Issue

@TTaff

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out :)

As I understand the computer is drastically slow after you got the defective RAM removed, i recommend replacing the ram with a one that works to avoid the slow performance issues,

You may use the official HP shopping website for offers: Click here

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18220 18170 1483 2517
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power Up Issue

@TTaff

Thank you for replying,

Please reply with any query you have regarding my message,
However, If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation