Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 500-081ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

My HP500-081ea  was working fine.  I installed new hard drive and upgarded ram.  All was fine until I last switched it off.  Now it just switches on but seems to go no further.  Monitor does not switch on and I dont think USB ports etc.. are on either so no mouse or keyboard.  Have tried different power and hard drive, but same effect.  It switches on, fans etc.. are all running, maybe even HDD, but thats it nothing more.  Can boot up from DVD etc.. as it doesnt seem to go that far.  Many thx 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BhupsP

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand the computer powers on but doesn't show a display on the screen:

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help you, although, to provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern: 

Did you try with an alternate monitor?

Have you attempted to use an alternate wall outlet or a surge protector?

Meanwhile, Please attempt the below steps:

Attempt a BIOS recovery

If the above steps work and the display turns on/if not, use an alternate monitor and then: Perform a hardware test to be on a safer side.

If the steps didn't work, use the below links for further assistance:

Computer Starts but Monitor/Screen Remains Blank: Click here

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.  Have tried all that.  Have tried monitor/cable with another PC and thats fine.  Have tried the HDD in another PC and its fine too.  I also removed the RAM and on boot up I got the critical beeps. Tried alternative power also.  So it appears all the components work including DVD.  The last thing I did just before I turned it of was adjust a GPT partition in Win10 and adjust the legacy boot up settings.  It now switches on but does not get to the boot up screen or anything like that.  Monitor never receives a signal and USB ports have no power and so no keyboard or mouse.  Again no option to boot from CD.  So need something resetting  at a very earlier stage.  Regards

HP Recommended

@BhupsP,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue has not resolved after following the steps mentioned in the previous interaction.

This could be a hardware issue with the unit.

Hence, please contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.