Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
FlemClone Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power button light no longer turns on

HP Envy 750se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
To be clear, my PC turns on and seems to run exactly as it should, so this is possibly more of a cosmetic/superficial issue. The little light located on the power button no longer lights up when the PC is powered on. Strangely, the light still blinks on and off as it should when the PC is in sleep mode, so the light still has some functionality.

My PC is only a couple of months old, so I'm just a little concerned that this could be a sign of things to come. I hope that other components don't start failing on me.

Does anyone here have any possible explanations?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
7771 449 840
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @FlemClone,

May the Forums be with you!  I understand that you are seeing some erratic behavior from one LED on your desktop.  I am happy to assist you with this.

It is possible that the issue is due to an update to your system.If you like you could try using HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 8), to rollback to a restore point from before the issue first occurred, and see if the LED comes on as expected.  If it does it just means that some software update made a change, or is conflicting with the system utility managing the LEDs.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
FlemClone Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I ended up unplugging everything from my PC, and then I held the power button down for about thirty seconds. After that, I plugged everything back in, turned on the PC, and, whaddya know... the little light came back to life. 

Thank you for your reply, however. It's very much appreciated.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation