Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p6510f PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I first logged out of my computer and came back and I noticed an orange light on the power button. I shut it of and turn it back on about two times with the same results of an orange light. I then shut of the the extension that houses 10 plugs. When I turned on the extension I turned on the computer the power button didn't give off a blue light or orange light. The VGA cable, mouse, keyboard, Ethernet cable are all plugged in. I later removed all the connects to the computer gave it a minute and plugged it all back in. There is a solid green light on the back under the power cable. The fans turn on there is noise coming from inside the computer a soft humming and light fan from the back of the computer. But the power button will not turn on. The monitor light is orange and says "No Input signal Input 2,Go to Power Save." When I switch to input 1 it reads "Cable Disconnected Go to Power Save." What internal issue could this be?
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I would start with basic no-start troubleshooting.

Remove all but a single memory module. Put it in the slot closest to the CPU.  Power the system on. Any changes?

Try each module. Failed memory will cause bootup and display issues.

If that still does not give you any positive result it is time to disconnect the hard disk.  Power on afterwards  to check.

Are you using a video card or onboard video?

Since your desktop is a 2010 model, there does exist the possibility that your motherboard has failed.

Try clearing the CMOS settings. There are instructions on how to do that in the motherboard web document. See the following URL.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-p6000-Desktop-PC-series/4162263/model/4215698/docume...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.