Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My HP Omen has a GeForce 750 Ti (4K capable) GPU talking to an Acer Predator XB271HK (4K-capable) monitor. PowerMediaPlayer says it won't deal with what it calls "HDR"
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello, @JeffWynn - Hope you are well!

Thanks for reaching out to HP Support Forums! I would be glad to be of your assistance 🙂

I understand that the Power media player is not playing videos and is giving an error regarding the HDR. High-dynamic-range imaging (HDRI) is basically a technology used to give you better quality images. You can check the details here: http://hp.care/2kOUK5n 

Going through your post, it seems to me that the issue here is the player that you are using. Try using a different media player to play the video and check. You can either use the Windows Media Player that comes built-in with the Windows or you can try and download some 3rd party video players and check.

Let me know how that goes!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanx. I downloaded and tried to use 5Kplayer but it locked up on me everytime I tried to use it.

HP Recommended

Hello @JeffWynn 

Thanks for the update!

Is the issue happening with any specific media? Could you please try playing some online videos (YouTube) and also some other saved videos on your computer and check. Also, try using the Windows media player or download and try VLC media player. These steps will help us isolate the issue.

Alternatively, try to update the graphic drivers:

• Go to Device manager.
  • In the list of devices, expand Display adapters.
  • Right-click the driver and select Update Driver Software.
  • Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
  • Follow the onscreen instructions to install the updated driver.
  • After updating the graphics drivers restart the notebook to complete the installation of updates.

If the issue persists, please make sure you follow the steps mentioned here: http://hp.care/2hjeXx8

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I tried several 4K YouTube videos and they appear to play fine, but do not look like 4K to me... more like 1K. Blurry.

It took awhile to get past all the "but download this other crap first" stuff, but was finally able to find a clean site and download VLC Media Player.  However, VLC didn't work either; I got the following:

Your input can't be opened:

VLC is unable to open the MRL 'bluray:///E:/'. Check the log for details.

I'm surprised that a new HP OMEN with a GeForce 750 Ti GPU doesn't automatically open my "4K ULTRA HD" Jason Bourne movie. I paid a premium for this video because I wanted to test the machine at its top.

As an update for you:

PowerMediaPlayer came on my HP OMEN as the default for videos, but it gives me this message:

"[EC][01007] HDR not support" (sic). When I went to their website it only says that they hope to have a 4K version of PowerMediaPlayer sometime in "early 2017."

When I downloaded and tried to run 5Kplayer it doesn't do ANYTHING. It does not even give me an error message.

Hope with your vaster experience you can tell me what to try next. 

Jeff Wynn

HP Recommended

Hello@JeffWynn,

Thanks for the response.

As you mentioned, the player needs to be updated with a patch by the software developer which as you mentioned is not until March or April’17.

You can try other third party players which are specific to Windows operating system.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reply for more.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP doesn’t recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hmmm. My searching only found 5Kplayer. Can you suggest any other video players that I might download?

Thanx. 

HP Recommended

Hi @JeffWynn,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Since I haven't tried this tv, you can use the google search engine you will find many and you can choose the best or popular players available with your setup or requirements.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No, Update Drivers didn't help either. I did the Update Drivers exercise twice to be certain.

Incidentally, Windows Explorer can see all the contents of the "4K ULTRA HD" disk, and labels it "Jason Bourne".

Windows Explorer sees a LOT of files, including a 64 GByte M2TS file on the "4K ULTRA HD" Blu-Ray disk. The disk appears to be OK (unscratched from the original packaging).

Moreover, Windows Media Player can see "Jason Bourne" in the E-drive, but when I click on it, it says "drive is empty."

So to recap:

- I have an Acer Predator XB271HK (4K/UHD-capable) monitor.

- I have a GeForce 750 Ti GPU (4K/UHD-capable) that came with the HP OMEN.

I have tried the following:

- Power Media Player will not play the "4K Ultra HD" video. When opened, it says that it cannot play it. It DOES give me the option of down-scaling and playing the video in lower-rez HD. The Cyberlink website says that it will be able to work with these files sometime "in the spring of 2017."

- FOR AN EXTRA $59.95 CYBERLINK WILL SELL ME "POWER DVD 15 ULTRA" that it says will play "4K VIDEO."

For obvious reasons I am nervous about throwing another $60 down the tube to try this. 

- 5Kplayer will start to open the Blu-Ray, but then stalls with no error message.

- VLC Media Player stalls when I try to read the UHD disk, with no error message.

- Movies & TV in Windows 10 just says that the M2TS "file type is unsupported."

- Windows Media Player says that "Windows Media Player cannot play the file." When I go into the Stream subdirectory on the Jason Bourne Blu-Ray disk, and double click on a 64 GByte M2TS file that I find there, WMP spins the disk - and then shuts down. 

- ACG Player gives "MF_MEDIA_ENGINE_ERR_SRX_NOT_SUPPORTED"

NOTE: that I CAN view JPG images in crisp 4K resolution

(therefore the screen works AND the GeForce 750 Ti GPU works).

NOTE: that I CAN view 4K videos on YouTube, though they appear blurry.

As far as I can tell, there is apparently nothing that came on this HP OMEN that can read a 4K (UHD) video from the Blu-Ray drive that I paid extra for. 

Any advice or suggestions not already covered will be VERY welcome.

==Jeff Wynn

HP Recommended

@JeffWynn

It looks like you were interacting with @jeet_singh but he's out for the day 

And I'll be glad to help you out.

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

Unfortunately, there are no other solutions available for your issue and hence I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.