cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pre-purchase opinions/advice request

260-a10 /260-a20
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask for pre-purchase comparison help, but here goes:  

I'm looking to buy an inexpensive desktop PC for my wife to just use for web surfing and storing her photos.  (She has a more powerful laptop for her work and an iPad for travel and casual use.)  I'm looking at the HP Slimline 260-a10 and 260-a20 and comparing the two.

The a10 has an Intel Pentium J3710 processor with a CPU speed of 1.6 GHz; comes with 4 GB ram; integrated Intel HD graphics and a 1 TB hard drive.  Ships with Windows 10 Home (64-bit) according to the box label and HP website.

The a20 has an AMD Carrizo-L A6-7310 processor with a CPU speed of 2.0 GHz; comes with 6 GB ram; integrated AMD Radeon R4 graphics and the same 1 TB hard drive.  Ships with Windows 10 Home (64-bit) according to th HP website, but NOT according to the box label.

Bottom line, assuming all else is identical--which it probably is regardless of labeling--which is most likely the better performing and dependable PC--the AMD/6 GB RAM a20; or the Intel/4 GB RAM a10.

Finally, they are both the same price, but at two different stores.  I'd appreciate any help/welcome your opinions.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 576 1,654
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pre-purchase opinions/advice request

> The a10 has an Intel Pentium J3710 processor with a CPU speed of 1.6 GHz;

> The a20 has an AMD Carrizo-L A6-7310 processor with a CPU speed of 2.0 GHz;

Both processors are "quad-core" (4 cores, 4 threads).

So, all else being equal, except for more RAM in the 'a20', I would choose the faster computer -- the 'a20'.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation