cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bew123
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Preset internet home page.

HP Pavilion 23-p030na
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Can anyone tell me what the preset home page address is on the HP Pavilion 23-p030na all in one desktop, One of my grandchildren has change it and i cannot recover it. It used to show a daily picture somewhere in the world and not  the load of advertising i have now.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Level 10
Level 10
1,206 1,195 166 885
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @bew123 ,

Which Internet browser are you using? Is it Internet Explorer? I'm not sure what the default homepage would be (maybe Bing?), but you can change it to any website you want using these instructions: Change your home page for Internet Explorer

I am an HP employee.
Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
bew123
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks for the reply, I know how to change it I just need the http address. The site started up with a different daily picture I think it was bing. The one I have now is just a load of adverts. Regards Barry
0 Kudos
Highlighted
redshore
Level 4
103 89 5 20
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

can you post a link showing the page IE opens up to?

Bing's address would be

http://www.bing.com

Using pc's since 82. First pc bought 1988. Every day I'm still learning new things about computing.
bew123
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi, Great to have the home page back thanks. Barry

0 Kudos
redshore
Level 4
103 89 5 20
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

That's good news, I'm happy to have helped you.

Have a great weekend.

Using pc's since 82. First pc bought 1988. Every day I'm still learning new things about computing.
0 Kudos
lil-liebe
Level 5
216 212 16 77
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Good answer, PeaceLily!

~Lil.Liebe

Clicking the white KUDOS THUMBS UP ThumbsUp.jpg on the right is a way to say thanks!
Click Accept as Solution on a reply that solves your issue to help others in search of answers.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation