cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
billytec
Level 3
41 27 4 6
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Printed emails*no leftside margin

HP Recommended
HP 6500 e709a Officejet CB815A
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Things have been going alright until this past week; when I tried to print an email message and the left side of the message was chopped off. About one quarter to one half inch is just not printed. Wife’s computer is on the same network, connected to the same printer. Her computer is connected to the router via Ethernet cable, but my computer is connected to the same router wirelessly. The printer is connected to the same router by Ethernet cable. I can send the same message to her computer and it prints correctly from her computer, but it just will not print correctly from my computer.
I have a HP Officejet 6500 e709a printer (product # CB815A). I think it’s in the margin settings area, but that is just my gut feelings. I can not find the settings area for this setting. I have un-installed the printer and software, and re-installed same, no changes to the problem occurred. I have done the same to my email, with no changes.
Any ideas or clues you can help me with? I have also followed quite a few suggestions from Microsoft, but I still have the same problem.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
31,612 31,320 2,874 10,510
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

billytec

Welcome back to the HP Community Forum.

The issue might be a setting in your Print Preview setup that could be adjusted prior to printing.

Print Preview is primarily controlled within your Browser, although the extent to which this is true, the settings available, and the settings, do have to do with the Browser you are using.

The following is applicable to those browsers one would typically find in Windows with an emphasis on Firefox, simply because that is my browser of choice.

Manage Print Output with Print Preview

Take a look at the Note at the end if you are using Outlook 2007.

I hope this helps.

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to say Thank You!

And...Click Accept as Solution when my Answer provides a Fix or Workaround!

I am pleased to provide assistance on behalf of HP. I do not work for HP. 

Dragon-Fur

billytec
Author
Level 3
41 27 4 6
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dean, in order to rectify the printer prolem the HDD was wiped clean and a clean install of the O/S was completed. The printer now prints correctley. Thanks for your help even though it did not work..........

Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
31,612 31,320 2,874 10,510
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are welcome.

Ah!  A complete solution, then.  Smiling.

I am glad it is sorted even though it appears to have been a long road to success.

Happy Printing!

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to say Thank You!

And...Click Accept as Solution when my Answer provides a Fix or Workaround!

I am pleased to provide assistance on behalf of HP. I do not work for HP. 

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation