cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lmg1025
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Printer cartridges

HP Recommended

I needed to replace black ink cartridges for HP printer Photostat C4745

The first cartridge I purchased was the wrong cartridge, I accidentally bought 21 black (My mistake this was what my old printer used.)   I needed 60 Black which I went back and purchased.

When I install the new cartridge an error message came up and stated incompatible cartridge.  I brought the cartridge back to the store, and got an exchange 61XL.  When I installed I still received incompatible cartridge.  I called HP and was told I needed the 60XL which the store did not carry. Now I am stuck with 2-black ink cartridges that I have no use for. Is it possible to send both of these for  (1) 60XL black?   Any help appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
bhomra
Level 1
7 5 0 1
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

need help

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
npw05001
Level 8
2,472 2,418 76 315
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello bhomra,

What are you needing help with?

Can you provide the model and product number of your unit?

Can you provide a detailed description of the problem?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

frrw
Level 8
1,890 1,883 83 185
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Img1025:

I belive you are looking for this page? Here is your printers Ink ordering page. http://shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/-/-/Q8382A?HP-Photosmart-C4795-All-in-One-Printe... You were close except it is 60XL cartridge you need not 61XL cartridges.  Here is your printers link webpage in case you ever need it to. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3940574 I belive you typed in the wrong printers model number because World wide search could not find HP Photosmart C4745 printer Only HP Photosmart C4795 All-in-One Printer. Just double check and make sure I have provided you with the correct links. Thank you frrw.

atty58
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

can i use generic ink cartrides on hp printers

atty58
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

can i use generic cartridges on hp 8610 printer

frrw
Level 8
1,890 1,883 83 185
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello atty58:

I do not know what numbered ink cartaged your printer uses.  Before you purchase your HP Ink cartages check on E-Bay and see if any one has developed a modified version witch are refillable.  My HP A410C  all in one with fax . Has developed a ink cartaged kit to continuous fill ink cartages while in use from bottled inks.  

This is what HP says (Link):

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367603/docume...

Can I install different SETUP ink cartridges after my ink cartridges are empty?

No. Do not install SETUP ink cartridges from another printer, even if the ink cartridge numbers are the same. Installing SETUP ink cartridges in a printer that has already been initialized with SETUP ink cartridges can result in printer failure. Buy ink cartridges from HP SureSupply or other retailers.
Visit HP SureSupply to check ink or toner cartridge compatibility, or purchase replacement cartridges.
  1. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and then make sure the country/region location is correct.
  2. Follow the on-screen instructions to order new cartridges or check cartridge compatibility with your printer.
You can also purchase genuine HP cartridges from other retailers.

Sorry I couldn't be more of a help. HP has totally messed up their web-sites completely .  I am shock that HP's staff had not replyed back to you.  frrw

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation