cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
withak125 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printing letters taking too long

I have a HP Laser Jet printer 2840.  I sent a job of 250 letters to the printer, and it's been an hour and a half and so far only 125 letters have printed.  It is taking 20 seconds for each letter to print.  Does anyone have a fix for this?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,878 4,482 314 1,463
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printing letters taking too long

withak125 wrote: I have a HP Laser Jet printer 2840.  I sent a job of 250 letters to the printer, and it's been an hour and a half and so far only 125 letters have printed.  It is taking 20 seconds for each letter to print.  Does anyone have a fix for this?  Thanks.

Hello withak125, There may be several reasons for this slow printing. The times you suggest are really not normal.

The specifications show this printer will print black pages at 20 ppm., so if the printer was working and set up properly, the 125 pages should have printed in about 7 minutes or so.

Here  is a link that has some information for your printer.

It is recommended to use an ethernet cable and not a USB cable to connect to the printer. This printer ships with 96 MB of installed memory, and can be upgraded to more memory, which would speed up the printing process.

You might try printing just 25 pages at one time and see if this speeds up the printing time.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation