Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am trying to set up 3 monitors using the onboard video with a new ProDesk 600 G1. The two monitors connecting to the DisplayPorts are going thru DP to VGA adapters from StarTech.

I can get all three monitors working, either all extended or all mirrored.

What I am trying to do is mirror two monitors and extend to the 3rd monitor. When I choose this configuration, i get a pop-up window saying "Unable to Save Display Settings". It does not matter which two monitors I mirror, I get the same error. 

I have updated the system BIOS, and tried the latest drivers from HP and from Intel.

I am running Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64-bit.

Is this configuration possible using the onboard video?

Thanks,

Richard

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

According to Intels documentation your only options are either all the displays are in clone configuratoin or extended configuration.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033714.htm

HP Recommended

Hello,

I know this post is a few years old, but I came across the same issue with a ProDesk 600 G2. The CFO of my company got a TV in his office, and he wanted to do exactly what you wanted. Thanks to the other reply, I was able to know, for sure, that this would not work.

I still wanted to share what I did to resolve this issue, in case anyone else comes across it. I ended up pruchasing a USB 3.0 to 1080p HDMI adapter. Since this adapter requires separate drivers, I was able to achieve having this two monitos on his desk to be extended and mirror his main page to his TV.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.