cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TDuncan Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problems connecting 1 monitor and 1 TV to 2gb DDR3 AMD Radeon 7570 video card.

I recently purchased an Hp h8-1360t computer with a 2gb DDR3 AMD Radeon 7570 video card and an Hp 2711 LED monitor. I am having problems connecting both the monitor (dvi) and a 50" Sony LCD TV (hdmi) with a 50' hdmi cable. When starting the computer, once the initial Win 7 boot up is finished, the monitor screen goes blank, except for the mouse pointer. When I turn on the tv and select the correct input source a normal Win 7 screen with icons appears on the tv. Only the wallpaper picture displays on the monitor and no icons. If play a dvd movie it will only show up on the tv with the sound coming from the speakers attached to the computer.

I would like to retain control of the computer using the monitor. I tried to set the monitor up as the primary display source using the monitor configuration menu,but it won't allow me to save the dvi connection as the primary display source. The documentation that came with the computer and what I was able to find on the Hp site is lacking....to say the least.

Any assistance with this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
9,716 9,630 903 2,625
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problems connecting 1 monitor and 1 TV to 2gb DDR3 AMD Radeon 7570 video card.

First I would disconnect the TV HDMI cable from the computer.  That should return the PC screen to normal.  May have to reboot to get normal.  Then reconnect the TV HDMI and go into the screen setup routine, paying attention to which screen is supposed to display what information.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation