cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
atomcd
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Problems with Pavilion a724n

HP Recommended
I have an older Pavilion a724n and it's my families computer. The computer has lately been freezing up or the fan constantly runs.  I deleted all unnecessary software and cleaned up the harddrive and defraged and it still does it.  I'm running windows XP home on it.  Any suggestions?  I have plany of hard drive space and free memory as well.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
atomcd
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I solved my own problem but I wanted to post so others might learn as well.  My computer was acting up and the fan was always on and freezing,etc.,etc..  I pulled the cover off and it was full of dust and pet hair, I cleaned it all up, especially the fan, and it's like a new computer!!  I know dust is the enemy but I'm blown away by how much better the machine is performing now!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
atomcd
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I solved my own problem but I wanted to post so others might learn as well.  My computer was acting up and the fan was always on and freezing,etc.,etc..  I pulled the cover off and it was full of dust and pet hair, I cleaned it all up, especially the fan, and it's like a new computer!!  I know dust is the enemy but I'm blown away by how much better the machine is performing now!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation