cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Gilbert713
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Processor Upgrade

HP Recommended
HP s5503w
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
OK so I'm trying to upgrade my PC with a better processor. It is working fine with my AMD Phenom X4 9650. But when I change it to a AMD Athlon II X4 645 it just doesn't want to boot up there is just a black screen and then the monitor goes to sleep. Ive been researching and the seller of the processor tells me that I might need to upgrade the BIOS but the thing is I can't find the update for my motherboard. Any suggestions? Much appreciated.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,743 6,727 634 1,516
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

What is the TDP on the new chip? The processor must be an AMD2+.

Your PC supports the followin having a 95 watt TDP:

• AMD Phenom II Quad-Core
  • AMD Phenom II Triple-Core
  • AMD Phenom Quad-Core (A) 9xxx series (AM2+)
  • AMD Phenom Triple-Core (T) 8xxx series (AM2+)
  • AMD Athlon X4
  • AMD Athlon X3
  • AMD Athlon X2 (B) (AM2+)

Grzy

0 Kudos
Gilbert713
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It says that it is 95w and the processor is AM2+/AM3 they say its backwards compatible.
0 Kudos
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,743 6,727 634 1,516
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

I can't see an exact match with the processor you have upgraded to and the HP specs.

There are no BIOS updates for your PC.

I think you have no way to use the new processor.

Very sorry.

Maybe someone else has better answer.

Grzy

0 Kudos
Gilbert713
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It's OK thanks
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation