Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 3 (366 Views)

Product Key Not Working

I wanted to reïnstall my whole PC and used the Windows 7 Home Premium product key that is on the sticker on the pc. When Windows 7 Home Premium (which I got from the Windows forums and completely legit) was installed and booted into the user's account it asked me for my product key which I gave in. Then it said that the product key was invalid, is there a possibility of getting a new product key perhaps? I cannot give the bill of when I bought my PC because that happened 3 years ago, but the sticker of HP with the product key is still on it. I also have an upgrade key to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8 which I bought myself but I don't think I'll be using it.

What information is needed in order to get a working product key that has been linked to my PC I bought from HP?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Top Student
Message 2 of 3 (360 Views)

Re: Product Key Not Working

I have found the reason why it wasn't working, one of the O's was a zero instead of a capital o. Sorry, my mistake. This can be set as solved I guess.

Master's Graduate
Message 3 of 3 (353 Views)

Re: Product Key Not Working

Hi! That's good information and will help others. Thank you for your reply!

Dokie!!

OOO0--0000 They look the same to meSmiley Mad

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation