cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Replytoken
Level 1
15 13 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Question on Windows 7 Pro + Windows 10 Pro License for 600 G2 SFF

HP Recommended
600 G2 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi I recently purchased a 600 G2 SFF that was shipped with Win7-64 Pro, but was supposed toinclude a license for Win 10 Pro. The unit shipped with a Win7 DVD and an HP driver DVD, but instead of a Win10 DVD or license, they included a phamplet that stated that I was eligible to receive one copy of Windows 10 recovery media and HP driver media. I was insutructed to register my computer and request my copy. I registered my computer, but it was not at all clear as to how I could get my copy of either media (Win10 and HP driver). Can anybody provide me a link or URL that will allow me to get these media (which I am assuming should be free of charge)? And, will the Win10 Pro OS have its own key, or is the key on the machine good for both Win7 Pro and Win10 Pro? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I was initially told that these would be included with my PC:

"This system is pre-installed with Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) software and also comes with a license and media for Windows 10 Professional (64-bit) software."

Thanks,

--Ken

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Malygris1
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 454 848
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Replytoken,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Replytoken
Author
Level 1
15 13 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.  I have received the private message and will be responding shortly.  Hopefully this will resolve my issue.

Thanks, :generic:

--Ken

0 Kudos
jcruzat
Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Because this machine is far more advanced than I am used to, I may make an error in forwarding you waht I think are problems with the machine. I have also had problems with a majority of the major installaions made by Comcast/xfinity because of the low level of network training and knowledge the "installers" get that are upgrading their systems, especially since  they seem not to test very thoroughly before they install.                  

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation