Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Does this MB support hardware raid 1 or do I need to use software raid?  I have looked it the setup however the only thing I can find is RAID support under SATA Emulation.  And that does not seem to be what I want.  I don't see anything else.  Do I need a HP config disk? 

I will be installing Debian 7.2 (linux)

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello,

This unit does support RAID 1 (mirror). By default the unit is set to RAID 1. So all you need to do is to enable RAID in SATA emulation mode and re install the OS.

Regards,
RobY

I am an HP employee... I don't speak for HP.
HP Recommended

Sir,

Which  Raid controller is there in Elite 800 and where can i find raid controller drivers and can i use RAID1 with Win7/8/10 OS?

Thanks

HP Recommended

> Which  Raid controller is there in Elite 800 and where can i find raid controller drivers and can i use RAID1 with Win7/8/10 OS?

See: http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2013/HPDiscover2013/HPEliteDesk800_datasheet.pdf

for the Intel chipset on the motherboard.  Then, see www.intel.com for details about that chipset.

Yes, right now, RAID 1 is working on my Windows 7 Professional desktop computer.

I see no reason why RAID 1 will not work, if/when I upgrade to Windows 10.

> Drivers?

See:   http://www.bing.com/search?q=EliteDesk+800+GI+drivers

for either SFF or desktop.

HP Recommended

Hello

I can't configure raid. In bios I change ACHI to RAID
but there is no prompt to press Ctrl+I after restart

help pls

oh, it is ok, I can.   

HP Recommended

JimInPA   -- do you still need help?

If not, please click the purple/white "thumbs-up" for each post that helped you.

Also, click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.