Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
EliteDesk 800 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an EliteDesk 800 G1 running Win 7x64 Ultimate, with a 1TB system drive and a 4x2.7TB (8TB total) RAID-5 array functioning as a library.  The system drive only had about 300 GB of data on it; OS and apps and a little data.

The system is set up so it boots from the 1TB 10K 2.5" Velociraptor drive for speed, but all the critical data is safely stored in RAID-5.

Last month, the 1TB system drive failed.  (I tried mightily to revive it, but I think I can hear something rattling when I shake it gently.  One of the heads must be damaged.) So I bought a new 1TB drive and started to rebuild the system.

But I can't get it to see the RAID-5 array as a single drive, and I can't get at the data.

When booting, I see the screen go by that gives me the ability to configure the drives (Intel Rapid Storage Technology, "Press CTRL+I to configure")) and it shows all the drives are present and part of an array, but when I stop it to inquire, I can't do anything but exit or take drives out of the array.  It also indicates that "Volumes with the status "rebuild" wil lbe rebuilt within the operating system," but this has yet to happen.

How do I get that array to rebuild and become available again?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.