cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pfilz0
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

RAID10 - bad block table full

HP Recommended
Z840
Linux

Hi All,

We have a Z840 workstation with an LSI2308 controller using 6 identical HDDs set up as RAID10.

After I noticed several errors in the system log concerning the RAID - we are running Arch Linux - I ran a consistency check using the LSI configuration utility. I showed a failed drive and "bad block table full". After replacing the drive and rebooting the RAID rebuilt without errors. However, when I run the consistency check again it will show another failed drive.

I tested the drives on another PC and there where no bad sector. Can anyone point me to a solution?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
pfilz0
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anyone?

0 Kudos
pfilz0
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So, I open a support ticket, and without answering it, it was closed. Then I try by phone, reaching a lady in Poland that barely speaks German (I called HP Support Switzerland), let alone understand the problem and here in the forum, there are apparently no official supporters.

This is what we get for buying a 20K $ PC. Let that be a lesson for all you others out there. HP offers nice products at competitive prices but the support is inexistent, so you better hope there are never any problems. You might get to hear some unfriendly person on the phone saying that HP doesn't support RAID10. Oh really? But I bought the controller with the workstation from you, so you better at least give me a number to call.

0 Kudos
kevin-t
Retired
Retired
20,511 15,846 324 972
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pfilz0

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation