Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion HPE 400y
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Yes, i am wondering if the RCA digital Audio Jack on the rear panel of my HP Desktop is an audio out or audio in port? if its audio out, i could use some advice on how to make it work, if its audio in, then im not too worried about it. thank you for the help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @ASorin81,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! Good day.:) I reviewed the post about the RCA port on the back of the PC being an audio-in or an audio-out port. I will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂

You’ve done a superb job by describing the situation correctly. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 You are an important customer and it is paramount to assist you here. We greatly value your relationship with HP and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Please mention the color of the port that you are referring to. I will send you a link that contains all the information regarding the I/O ports of the computer.
  • It describes all the ports with proper labeling, numbering and description about the ports.
  • Please mention the color of the port and the port number that you are referring to, in order to assist you better.  You could send a screenshot of the same if possible.

Please look up the link here that gives you complete specifications of the computer: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-Elite-HPE-Desktop-PC-series/4269972/model/4311879/do...  Look up the options under I/O ports

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. I'm always there to assist you. Please reach out anytime. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.