Note on archived topics.
05-06-2017 06:45 AM
Please help me.My desktp pc hard-drive failed in January 2017.Is there chance I may recover the data on the failed drive?
Kindly advise what I can do.
05-06-2017 08:47 AM
Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!
IF the drive has failed, there is nothing you can do to fix it.
As you continue to use the drive, you're overwriting the files and folders that got erased. The more you use it, the less likely you'll be able to recover anything on it
Your best bet for recovering data now is to do the following:
1) Remove the hard drive from the PC
2) Purchase a USB-to-Hard Driver adapter kit (like the one illustrated below)
3) Download and install this utility on a working PC: http://www.majorgeeks.com/news/story/recover_data_in_3_steps_with_minitool_power_data_recovery_free_...
4) Connect the old drive to the working PC
5) Run the data recovery utility to see what can be retrieved from the old drive.
If that tools does not find what you need, an alternative is Recuva: http://www.piriform.com/recuva
And, if that does not work well, the best tool out there is this one, but only the trial version is free: http://www.file-recovery.com/
***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP