Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 8200 Elite SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently redid my Home PC.  I created Raid 0 within the bios and installed the OS.  The first time I rebooted, I got the warning from HP 8200 Bios that my drivers were encrypted in a Raid 0 configuration and to hit F1 to continue.   This works, but when I try to shutdown, the PC hangs.

The strange part is I had the exact Raid 0 configuration, with the same Crucial SSD drives before, without this issue.  I checked through the bios, but didn't see anything related to this error.  Being Stripped, I can't break the Raid 0 without loosing data.  I have made a backup to another drive.  I thought of now breaking the Raid 0, reformating the drives,  restoring the backup to the single drive and using Intel Matrix software to recreate the Raid 0.  I would use stripping plus parity, but the third port is only Sata 2, while the others are Sata 3 and with SSD I would think there would be a big difference in performance.

It took me a great deal of time to get the OS, the settings and all of my software installed and I would hate to start all over.

Thanks for your help!!

Mark

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.