cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1993-matthew-h
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Random Restarts

HP Recommended
Pavillion - 550-127c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been having this issue with this computer about a year now, I didn't think anything of it because it didn't happen very often and  so I just dealt with it, but now its starting to happen more often. My computer has been just randomly restarting (only has been happening while I am playing a game). At first it started just restarting randomly, blank screen no error messages, then it moved to giving me a blue screen a few months later saying that a thread was stuck in the device driver. A few months after that it went back to just restarting with no warning, and no error code ( All while I'm playing a game, its never done it while I am just browsing on chrome ). Anyways, I searched solutions on google for this issue, and came up with 2 solutions and one person saying it was my graphics card damaged. The two solutions were 1. Update my graphics driver, and 2. Update my bios. I did both of these, and I am still running into the problem. Any help would be appreciated. If it makes any difference my warranty is still in effect, but I'm really not sure on how to go about sending it to HP. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,742 6,726 634 1,516
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Heelo

I look at PC and see it has integrated graphics.

Very good, you update graphics driver and BIOS. But this does not help. Operating system corruption could also be cause, have you run this Microsoft test? 

Good troubleshoot start. Do below until you solve or use warranty support if problem is hardware. 

Run HP UEFI Boot Diagnostic tests on all hardware. Try reseat RAM or use one stick RAM at a time.

Then next best check is try an add in graphics card and see if any improvement. 

Is system run cool? Heat can cause strange things.

Contact HP here.

Grzy

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation