Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Chimney,

Thanks so much for your help.

I ended up going to Windows Support, prior to your Post, they did a remote fix. 

Again, i thank you for your Support on my issue!

I have another issue that maybe you can help me with. Yesterday, out of the blue, my PC Screen turned Solid Yellow then Red, then blue, then Green, all were solid color. Next my PC shuts down, goes in Repair mode. The PC was unable to repair itself.

I have HP Windows 8 Recovery Media Disc's, which my factory installed system. I reinstalled, but Windows Activation will not or cannot read my Product Key from the BIOS.

How may I recover this key? What are my options?

Any input would be extremely welcome!

HP Envy 23, d-044, All-In-One, Touchsmart, Beats Audio. Mod

Best Regards,

Phillip

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thanks for the post @vpiPhillip,

I understand that you had to reinstall Windows 8 and are facing difficulty in activating the OS on your computer. Happy to help. 

Have you tried any methods on your own?

If you have installed Windows 8 using the recovery kit that was created on your computer, recommend you to refer to this HP Article for the procedure to activate Windows 8 on your computer. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.