Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 1 of 2 (258 Views)

Re: BIOS corrupted HP Pavilion dv6

@Not_techie123, thanks for your quick response and time.

I appreciate efforts for trying out the steps.

You cannot run the BIOS on a different laptop or PC, The BIOS is specifically made for your laptop.

If you are unable to execute the BIOS on your laptop it;s certain that BIOS has got corrupted on your PC.

To restore BIOS you have to contact HP and send the laptop in for service, so they will do a chip level formatting of BIOS or replace the BIOS chip.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a great day ahead! Smiley Happy

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Top Student
Message 2 of 2 (245 Views)

Re: BIOS corrupted HP Pavilion dv6

Can you check the following link - http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02693833

I am on Step 2: Creating the BIOS recovery media

I am creating BIOS on USB so that I can use this to install on broken laptop.  Number 7 of the above is -

The HP System BIOS Update Utility opens. Click Next

For me, this doesn't happen.  Instead of HP System BIOS Update, this opens InsydeFlash.  I am NOT and DON'T want to install BIOS on a working laptop. I am using a working laptop to install BIOS on a USB disk.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation