cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Beats Audio - Silent HP TouchSmart 520-1030 with beats audio

I have an HP TouchSmart 520-1030 that is silent!  From the number of postings, I guess that the problem is not unique to my machine.

I have managed to re-install the driver for my sound and can get sound from the headphones but absolutely nothing from the speakers.  I have tried various forums and seem to be trying various helful suggestions.  I now fear that inadvertantly I may have turned something off.

someone is now suggesting that I check the BIOS settings.  That is beyond me - how to I find the BiOS settings?

All I want is my speakers back or am I destined to connect external speakrs through the headphones socket?

John Lovell

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 2
16 13 1 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is the right playback device selected in your taskbar icon?

0 Kudos
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Many thanks but no success.  My driver has been replaced with another but still no sound from the speakers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
16 13 1 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Check the levels. Is anything muted?

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation