cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rbotts
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Re: Black screen after Windows 10 Update (ver 1067)

HP Recommended

I am seeing the same black screen after the last windows 10 update. It has something to do with the screen drivers I believe. I had an extra Quadro 500M card laying around and when I popped that in it works at the low resolution you get without a driver. Once I loaded the driver and rebooted it geos black as soon as the login wallpaper is loaded. For some reason it will not work using the normal screen resolution.

I hope somebody discovers a fix.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
wildhorse_21
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I finally reformated my disk and went with the first windows 10 release (version 1511 OS build 10586.104) now my Nvidia K1000m card works as expected...no more black screen during boot.

0 Kudos
HEMICRO
Level 2
10 9 0 16
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am still getting the same situation every time there is an update. The fix is the same for me. When the computer hangs on a black screen with the activity circle, I wait until there is no hard drive activity and then I turn off the computer with the power button. I wait a few seconds and then power the computer back up while tapping the F7 key (I indicated the F4 key in my last post and I'm not sure it makes a difference). I do this for a long time until it either comes up or the hard drive has again gone inactive. If the drive is inactive I shut down the computer again and then power it up while again tapping the F7 key. So far, it has always come up normal with no more than 2 attempts. Its an inconvenience, but I haven't seen anything else that works better

Harley

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,293 119,470 19,520 29,829
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

I found that turning off the Fast Startup option in the control panel's power menu works for me.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation