Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am seeing the same black screen after the last windows 10 update. It has something to do with the screen drivers I believe. I had an extra Quadro 500M card laying around and when I popped that in it works at the low resolution you get without a driver. Once I loaded the driver and rebooted it geos black as soon as the login wallpaper is loaded. For some reason it will not work using the normal screen resolution.

I hope somebody discovers a fix.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I finally reformated my disk and went with the first windows 10 release (version 1511 OS build 10586.104) now my Nvidia K1000m card works as expected...no more black screen during boot.

HP Recommended

I am still getting the same situation every time there is an update. The fix is the same for me. When the computer hangs on a black screen with the activity circle, I wait until there is no hard drive activity and then I turn off the computer with the power button. I wait a few seconds and then power the computer back up while tapping the F7 key (I indicated the F4 key in my last post and I'm not sure it makes a difference). I do this for a long time until it either comes up or the hard drive has again gone inactive. If the drive is inactive I shut down the computer again and then power it up while again tapping the F7 key. So far, it has always come up normal with no more than 2 attempts. Its an inconvenience, but I haven't seen anything else that works better

Harley

HP Recommended

Hi:

I found that turning off the Fast Startup option in the control panel's power menu works for me.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.