Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bammer21yeg Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: HDMI Input on HP Envy 23 not working

I am having the same problem with the HDMI input on my HP Envy 23 k-009c touchsmart. I know I was using the HDMI prior to the Windows 10 update with my Shaw Direct HD box. The button under the left side was also working to switch between sources.

I have tried different drivers by updating and then by going back to an earler version of the driver all without any luck.

I was hoping as well not to have to go back to Windows 8 by re formatting and starting over. Hoping to hear about a possible solution to get the HDMI input working.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Retired
7771 6909 449 840
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there bammer21yeg,

May the Forums be with you! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having an issue with HDMI after a Windows 10 upgrade. I am happy to help with this.

What is the exact issue you are having with the HDMI connection? 

Is there any video or sound at all, one, both or neither?

Please let me know when you can.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
bammer21yeg Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is no sound or video and pushing the button does nothing. I can not even get the black screen on the HDMI source. The video just stays on my PC.

I have also tried plugging a second device into the HDMI in but that is not working either.

0 Kudos
Jandro_8 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello everyone. I've been having the same problems on my HP Envy. When I first bought it, HDMI port would work perfectly. No, it doesn't seem to be working, neither the buttons on the right side. I don't really know why this is happening... Im using the Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit. I apreciate your help.

0 Kudos
bammer21yeg Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

With the number of people experiencing this problem, I would hope that an HP tech rep would have come up with a solution. I have tried loading new drivers and then tried rolling back drivers when that didn't work.

I am left with a time consuming re install of windows 8 that came with this HP in the hope that I get my HDMI in working again. This feature was one of the main reasons I bought this computer.

Will report any sucess or ongoing failures I may have in the hope of helping others.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation