Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I installed two items from HP's support website for my computer:

1st was HPSupport assistant,

2nd was an update to my Intel 4600 graphic card driver.

After restarting the computer I receive an error message that Productconfig has stopped working: This happens every time I restart the computer.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    ProductConfig.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    8.3.3.1
  Problem Signature 03:    583d458c
  Problem Signature 04:    mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05:    4.6.1087.0
  Problem Signature 06:    583e5c1a
  Problem Signature 07:    328
  Problem Signature 08:    10
  Problem Signature 09:    System.Security.Security
  OS Version:    6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.103
  Locale ID:    1033

Additional Information 1:    46a1
  Additional Information 2:    46a1e08bbc01e6550a6000882ad5927e
  Additional Information 3:    e1de
  Additional Information 4:    e1de799255f91c64bec7ca612226c900

Microsoft says this program belongs to HP.

Is there any solution to resolve this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Rob1231,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are getting an error message on your screen on every restart of your PC. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of this computer? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...) http://hp.care/2bygf7l

What is the Operating System installed on the PC?

Have you made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

When was the last time it worked (date)?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the PC with all the cables disconnected.

Since the issue started after installing HPSA and graphics card drivers, you could try to perform a System restore to a previous date where it was all working fine, using this link.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you try to perform a driver rollback in Device manager, please follow this link.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Jeet Singh,

Thank you for your reply.

I found the problem. It is with the HP Support Assistant that I just installed. Every time I run it, the error message comes up. At no other time does this happen. I will uninstall and try reinstalling to see if this helps. Also regarding this program, I found that it no longer shows driver updates that are available for my computer (this also occured with the older version of HP Support Assistant). When I go to HP's driver website and enter my serial number, I found the driver for my Intel graphics card had a newer version and the BIOS had a new version issued in March 2017. No driver update showed when using either version of the HP Support Assistant.

Question: When the computer's warranty expires does this stop the HP Support Assistant from working?

Thank you again for your help

Rob

@Jeet_singh wrote:

Hi @Rob1231,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are getting an error message on your screen on every restart of your PC. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of this computer? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...) http://hp.care/2bygf7l

What is the Operating System installed on the PC?

Have you made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

When was the last time it worked (date)?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the PC with all the cables disconnected.

Since the issue started after installing HPSA and graphics card drivers, you could try to perform a System restore to a previous date where it was all working fine, using this link.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you try to perform a driver rollback in Device manager, please follow this link.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

HP Recommended

Hi @Rob1231,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you found the problem to be with HPSA, Please take your time and get back to me with the results, I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Question: When the computer's warranty expires does this stop the HP Support Assistant from working? No, it should work if the computer is in warranty or out of warranty. Please go through the support document for HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Jeet,

It has been about three weeks since I uninstalled the HP Support Assistant and since then I haven't received any more Product config error messages so the problem was with the Support Assistant.  The HP Support Assistant  made installing the drivers a bit easier, so as time allows I will install it again and see if the error messages comes back.

@Jeet_singh wrote:

Hi @Rob1231,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you found the problem to be with HPSA, Please take your time and get back to me with the results, I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Question: When the computer's warranty expires does this stop the HP Support Assistant from working? No, it should work if the computer is in warranty or out of warranty. Please go through the support document for HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

HP Recommended

Hi @Rob1231,

Thank you for the update,

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

If you need any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And accept this as the solution to help others find your post helpful.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.