cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Emile_M Top Student
Top Student
8 5 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re-install Recovery Manager

Hello,

My PC runs is a HP Pavilion p6-2320ezm running with Windows 10

Yesterday morning, I found my desktop having had a crash, with a message proposing to reboot the computer.

After two hours and several iterations, it was finally able to reboot, but ended-up with a configuration unknown to me, with only a minimum number of programs installed and a few files being left.

Since then, I tried first to reboot and starting from an USB key on which I saved a recovery.

It didn't work and then I wanted to fully re-initialise my PC, but finally discovered that the HP Recovery Manager was not installed anymore.

I tried to download it from the support.hp.com site.

It is able to detected my product, but then ends up with a message telling that no pilot was found for my produit.

What should I do to re-install the Recovery Manager?

Best regards

Emile

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,810 19,450 1,626 2,692
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Emile_M

Thank you for showing your interest in the HP Forums,
I’d like to help 🙂

As I understand the recovery manager is no longer available,

And you would like to reinstall it back into the computer,

Since you aren't able to download the copy, You could always order one online using the Official HP website for drivers and downloads 

In the meantime, considering the recovery partition is no longer available, it's possible the issue occurred via corrupted files or due to a hardware failure,
To be on a safe side, please run the hardware diagnostics using this link: Click here

Let me know how that pans out,
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Emile_M Top Student
Top Student
8 5 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The hardware diagnostics runs fine.

The screen remains white after trying to go to the Official HP website for drivers and downloads.

Other strange item, there are no programs installed when going to the Uninstall function of teh configuration panel.

I decided to purchase another PC, but I would like to reconfigure this one to give it to someone.

Best regards

Emile

Provost Provost
Provost
18,972 16,914 1,575 3,731
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Emile_M

According to the product page for your PC, it did NOT come with Win10 preinstalled; instead it came with Win8 at the latest. This is a serious problem ...

While Microsoft tells you that there is no risk in the Win10 Upgrade, because they let you believe that you can always revert back to your original OS and setup within 30 days, the ugly fact of the matter is that the Win10 GoBack function has proven to be unreliable -- and when it fails, it can leave machines in a corrupted state -- which doesn't always happen, but it does happen often enough to be a problem and you won't get any warning in advance that it is going to trash your PC!

If that is not bad enough, the Win10 Upgrade is know, in some cases, to corrupt the Recovery partition stored there by the OEM that built the original machine. This pretty much guarantees that no HP Recovery is going to work: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Recovery-Manager-Blocked-After-Windo...

So, pressing F11 on an Upgraded PC is most likely, NOT going to work.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation