Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re-install touchsmart magic canvas

HP Touchsmart520 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When I installed Microsoft Windows 10, I lost the HP Touchsmart Magic Canvas software and would like to re-install it, if possible. Its the only way I can eject my movies and such and wouldnt mind going back to windows 7 if i had to. I do not have a windows 7 key, and its been more than a month since i installed windows 10, so I am hoping to be able to re-install the Magic canvas software.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 450 846
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @lee123,

I hope you find your Support Forum experience a positive one!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you installed Windows 10, and lost the Magic Canvas software. I am happy to help with this.

Did you make a set of recovery media prior to installing Windows 10?

When you installed Windows 10, did you install it as an upgrade installation, or as a clean installation?  As it has been more than a month, and if it was an upgrade installation, then roll back is not an option. In both cases the original recovery image is not going to function now. So you will need recovery media.

I asked whether it was an upgrade installation, mostly to know if the Magic Canvas software was either removed or did not work after the upgrade.

Please let me know.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 450 846
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the information (sent via PM). As you are unsure, and the support page does not have the software available for download, and it seems that you do not have recovery media to use, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation