Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
pavilion p6216f
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When trying to restore my computer to it's factory setting i get the message. 

Recovery manager could not restore your computer using the factory image. Please contact Hp support. Error code:0xe0ef0003

when ever my computer restarts without me going into any mode i get the message BOOTMGR is missing press crtl+atl+del to restart.

I pretty much can not do anything with my pc now and it is really important for me to use it.

I need assistance

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

See: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/How-do-I-Restore-my-system-to-t...

Try an Internet search:    www.google.com?q=0xe0ef0003

to see if other people have solved the similar problem.

HP Recommended

I dont think anyone will be able to solve this issue. thanks for the reply.

im actually very angry now.

HP Recommended

> I don't think anyone will be able to solve this issue.

You never know -- some of us volunteers on this forum are very knowledgable.

> I'm actually very angry now.

The more details that you can provide about your symptoms, the better.

Please give us a try.

HP Recommended

See: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/recovery-error-code-0xe0ef0003/...

where the symptoms pointed to a "failing" disk-drive.

Boot your computer, and choose to run the HP hardware diagnostics.

Be sure to test the RAM and the disk-drive.

Or, swap-in a different disk-drive, and try to reinstall onto it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.