cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MCCHAUV Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reinstall Win7 and dump Win10

Pavilion g7 - 1316dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Pavilion g7 - 1316dx orignally came with Win7.

I upgraded to windows 10 a few months ago and I hate it.

I want to go back to Win7 however Microsoft will not let me download Win7 using my product key ...

Error:

The product key you entered appears to be for software pre-installed by the device manufacturer. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options

HP.com - I've searched the support pages and cannot find a download for Windows7.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
105650 96201 14858 22853
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP does not offer downloads of operating systems.

They sell W7 recovery media for your notebook, which you can order online at the link below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/mediaorder/HP-Pavilion-g7-1300-Notebook-PC-series/5186814/model/5228851/...

0 Kudos
Dean
Dean
11043 11018 575 1626
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I upgraded to windows 10 a few months ago and I hate it.

Remember that Microsoft will stop issuing security-fixes for Windows 7 after January 2020 -- not too far away.

So, at that time, if your hardware is still running, you will need to upgrade to Windows 10, to stay "safe" when online.

(Other software companies will also stop supporting Windows 7 at that time, i.e., they may update their software under Windows 10, but not when running under Windows 7. Ouch.)

Fortunately, since you have installed Windows 10, you have a "digital entitlement" to reinstall Windows 10 at any time in the future, without needing to enter a 25-character "product-key".  That's good news.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation