cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Wcpoulson
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Remote desk top assistance

HP Recommended

I need assistance with establishing the remote desk top assistance.  I have been successful with allowing the user to view my desk top but I am unable to view theirs.  Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,178 24,804 2,905 10,818
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
WC, it may be that the person has their security/anti-virus software set so that you can't have access.  You might have them disable it to see if that helps.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 37,895 3,357 11,501
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Has the user sent you the request  to connect to their pc?

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

Wcpoulson
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
That is most probably what the problem is... since I am in a discussion room with 'experts' I don't mind admitting to my own ignorance... can you (easily) walk me through the procedure's so I can explain it to them?
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 37,895 3,357 11,501
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
jojack
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I cannot connect to remote assitance and I need someome to go through my computer to help me. My [D] has just a tiny bit of space left and I keep getting the message about low disk space. I know from what I'm told that D disk shouldn';t be used for things but I don't know how it happened.I'm 77 years old and don't know beans about this computer.I need help so badly. Can you tell me how to fix remote control so someone can go through my computer and fix it. I would appreciate it sooo much

nascar4u
Level 6
493 488 9 66
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

windows version of remote desktop is very lame. use www.teamviewer.com or www.logmein.com   the team viewer is the esiest to use.

click Kudos to say thanks if I helped
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation