cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Aremat Top Student
Top Student
7 6 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Remove graphics card from Omni 27 to use mother board Intel graphics only

HP Omni 27-1015t
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hi,

I own a HP Omni 27-1015t  with a GeForce GT 540M card.  Unfortenuately, I am not able to install windows 10 due to compatilibity issues.

After contacting HP support some months ago, I finally got around to removing the card today (as they suggested), but when I switch on the computer again, the display is blank.

Is there anything outside of removing the card I need to do for the mother board graphics to kick in?  Only thing HP support suggested was to remove the card, install win10 and then put the card back into the computer (it should be win10 compatible).  I did try to install win10 with the card in, but was not able to get the correct graphics.

Hoping for some good tip here.  Thank you.

Regards

Are

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Provost Provost
Provost
44,894 40,582 4,391 11,354
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think they may indeed be mistaken. I only see an HDMI in port on your AIO desktop PC.

That, if you are using it to connect to a display, is why it is blank. It is an input port for a game display, not an output port.

You will need to reinstall the graphics display adapter.

Have you tried installing the Windows 10 graphics driver for the video card?

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/84891/en-us

You said the graphics were not correct, but you did not give any details. Were you able to see the desktop with relative clarity? If you can see the desktop well enough to open a Windows explorer to a sub flashdrive with the Windows 10 Geforce driver softpaq on it then it should install.  

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
Aremat Top Student
Top Student
7 6 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, and thank you for respondinng so quickly.  I appreciate that.  So you believe they may not have an integrated videocard on the mother board then? 

Yes, I have tried to remove drivers and install the win10 driver for this card.  I was not able to do so.  I cannot recall the error message.

Then I tried to upgrade to win10 first and then remove old drivers and install the driver.  Did not work either.  The resolution on the screen was hopeless and not possible to change, so I had to roll back to win 8.1.

My wife has more or less the same machine (Omni 27-1054, other processor and no extra upgraded graphics).This machine had no problem upgrading to win 10.

I found out at the HP site that these graphics options are available, the first one being already on the motherbord according to the service guy I spoke with (but he was maybe wrong?)

• Intel HD graphics. 
  • Radeon 6550A MXM 3.0A (2 GB)
  • GeForce GT 520M (1 GB)
  • GeForce GT 540M (2 GB)
  • Radeon HD 7450A (1 GB)
  • Radeon HD 7650A (1 GB)
  • Radeon HD 7650A (2 GB)

Maybe that first card is also an mxm card, being the standard card they deliver.  I asked about this, but he claimed there should be a onboard intel graphics interface on the board?

Regards

Are

0 Kudos
Aremat Top Student
Top Student
7 6 0 0
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found this link that may support what you are saying.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03327546

Under graphics, it says - must select one of these options.

But for my wifes PC (27-1054 I found this it:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c03131099

It seems to support graphics on the board.

I tried the driver you referred me to again, and it says it is not compatible with my windows version.

Regards

Are

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If it has no place to output the graphics other than an installed graphics adapter, then it does not matter if it has Intel graphics or not.

Do you understand what I mean?

It appears  that the installed graphics adapter has the connection to the internal display , but not to an external display.

Your wife's AIO PC has a slightly different Lavaca3-SB systemboard and upgrading her system to Windows 10 was successful,  as you stated.  Yours has the Lavaca motherboard and that appears to have made the difference.

If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
Aremat Top Student
Top Student
7 6 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, this computer has not graphics output at all.  It's a 27" all in one computer with only HDMI input (no output).  I am using it with 2 external 27" monitors in adition to the main display, but it is via USB3 and a port replikator.

So the big quesiton is still:  If you order the computer with standard graphics, do you get it with no card installed in the MXM slot, or is there always a card there?

According to HP support, I was only supposed to remove the GeForce 540M card, and then it would be with on board graphics delivered to the screen.  Hope this clarified that.

If HP are correct, then my original quesiton is still valid.  Is there anything else I need to do in adition to removing the card.

All service tips is related to replacing the card, and not rolling back to basic graphics.

I have also asked HP (by email) to give me the part number for the Intel Graphics card, but no answer back from them.

So I am stuck with the graphics I have and still unable to upgrade to win10 😞

Anyway, thanks for trying to help ut.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I believe that the Support person is mistaken. They are not perfect.  

This issue of no graphics output for an AIO PC has come up before here in the forum.

Per the specifications: Internal ports 2x DVI (when a scalar card is present)

The integrated Intel graphics on fairly recent (2012 on) Intel platform PCs is provided by the processor if I am not mistaken. I willl verify that and return to this post with a correction if need be. I have verified that the graphics solution is provided by the processor. 

You can get the part number for the AMD graphics adapter without waiting for  HP support to contact you by using HP Partsurfer.com.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/

Info on the HDMI port on the Omni 27 from an older thread by another HP Expert

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Omni-27-1010t-documentation-for-...

0 Kudos
Aremat Top Student
Top Student
7 6 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for your response.  The parts surfer sounded promissing so I went there adding my serial number.  Got the right computer up there, but cannot cannot find any graphic card options listed. 

Then I tried to search for the product number, and some more parts came up.  However, none of the graphics cards listed there says anything like what's listed in the spec, so I am not sure which one to pick which could be windows 10 compatible.

The one I have is also win10 compatible.  I guess I would just have to pick one and hope for the best.

This is what I get, compared to the list I earlier posted:

Product Number : B2Q20AV     
Description : HP OMNI 27-1015T CTO DESKTOP PC

PC Board (Graphics)
653733-001     Graphics Card - MXM30 Viper2 2G no audio w/BKT     NA
660498-001     Graphics Card - GFX Scorpius3 2G w BKT         COMPLY_2.08
660499-001     Graphics Card - GFX Puma 1G w BKT         COMPLY_2.08
671864-001     Graphics Card - Panther             COMPLY_2.06
671869-001     Graphics Card - Exige3                 COMPLY_2.07
678099-001     Graphics Card - Leopard2 W BKT             COMPLY_2.07

0 Kudos
Aremat Top Student
Top Student
7 6 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi again,

Received this feedback from HP on the part number request:

Quote: I understand that:

*   You are interested purchasing the Intel HD graphics for an HP Omni 27-1015t Desktop PC and wanted to know the part   number.

*   You also wanted to know where you purchase the item at any dealer in Houston, TX.

For the bulleted concerns above, please refer to my response below.

*   Are, I regret to inform you that an Intel HD graphics cannot be purchased at retail since this is an integrated graphics card. An integrated graphics card can only be selected during the configuration at the time of purchase. My apologies for the confusion this may have caused you. Unquote

So they are still talking about an integrated card.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That response is rather strange since the integrated video solution is on the chip with the CPU. The response are saying it is not for sale after making a selection.  

You should be able to source the AMD video card by searching with the part number and using a search engine such as Google or Bing to find an online vendor.  

Those video adapter cards are quite pricey. I see the first one on Amazon.com for $200.000 . It really seems to vary. YOu are going to have to do some serious price shopping.

See the following search. What a range of prices. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=671869-001&oq=671869-001&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation