Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 7 (6,598 Views)

Removing Screen cover on my Pavilion DV7

Hy, i notice some dirt inside my screen cover on my pavilion dv7, how i can remove that part to clean that thing? THX
0 Kudos
Top Student
Message 2 of 7 (6,586 Views)

Re: Removing Screen cover on my Pavilion DV7

Some of the more experienced techs here may know exactly what you're referring to,
however, when I tried to look up: "Pavilion DV7" the response was:

"Product search results
Results for "pavilion dv7"
More than 300 products contain the term "pavilion dv7"
Include both the product name and number in your search."

So, maybe/maybe-not might be a good idea to provide the model# as well.

"How to find my product name/number"
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support/prod_info.html

hope this helps...

Student
Message 3 of 7 (6,485 Views)

I have the same issue with my Pavilion DV7 - 1175nr  and would be very pleased to know how to remove the screen safely to clean it, and then the best way to seal the cursed thing so I no longer see pipe tobacco slowly make it's way around with my infuriatingly unable to remove it.
Top Student
Message 4 of 7 (5,106 Views)

its taped on, pry the infiniview plastic sheet off the bezel held on by 2 piece foam tape, good stuff too

Teacher
Message 5 of 7 (5,087 Views)

WOW, it's taped on?  That's HP's standard? 3M tape? That's pathetic...GET ON THE BALL HP!!!

Not really a answer, but allot of HP's engineering ideas/standards are pathetic.  Hopefully they're listening.

>>>If I've made you happy, please return the favor by clicking on the white star under my name
Top Student
Message 6 of 7 (4,785 Views)

this is a great laptop if you buy it from someone unhappy with it on ebay, i got mine for 400 and i LOVE it, but yes, hp sucks. i took my screen protector off and put two intel ssd's and i am lovin it. the edge of the screen looks like s**t but whatever.

hp is notorious for poor products, i think they have gotten a bad wrap from nvidia but comon, they didnt have to put the bad 8400 in 50,000,000 laptops, they could have stopped using it a few million laptops ago....

Student
Message 7 of 7 (3,399 Views)

Hello,

I have a problem with glare on my new 15” Apple MacBook Pro. Would a ViewGuard Anti-Glare Matte Screen Protector help?

I just recently bought a HP Pavilion dv7-4025. I am very happy about except that it seems like the fn key is locked down. Like I need to press fn + alt + f4 to close a window otherwise it will just ask me to change between some screen settings. I have tried pressing num lock etc. and nothing have worked so far. Any ideas?

http://www.viewguard.com/en-US/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation