Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dynaquest1 Tutor
Tutor
12 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replacing the 16GB mSATA Disk Caching SSD

HP Envy Phoenix 810-160 Deskto
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In a separate post, I noted that boot error (3F0 and 3F6) problems went away when I physically removed the failed SanDisk 16GB mSATA SSD drive from the motherboard.  My question now is, do I really need to even replace the mSATA SSD?  If I did want to replace it, do I just get a new blank one and reinstall it?  Or...does the SSD need to be "configured" in some way before/after installation.  

My PC seems to be running pretty well without the 16GB mSATA Disk Caching SSD right now.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
3549 337 715
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replacing the 16GB mSATA Disk Caching SSD

Hello.

I have seen this before.

Helped by removing old 7200 RPM HDD and install a new SSD equal to old HDD. Then after you migrate current install from HDD to SSD there is no need for a 16GB disk caching drive.

The PC is now fast and HP recovery software will work okay. The disk caching drive is not needed.

The Grzy

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation