cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kvz
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Reset Bios of HP Omen 870-145nd

HP Recommended
Omen 870-145nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Trying to get booting from an SD-Card to work (not even sure if it's possible), I played around with the bios settings. Someone suggested I turning off security on all ports, and enabling legacy booting, among things.

Long story short, I saved the settings and now it's just a black screen. I've tried the trick to press the Windows Key + B but that does not change anything upon booting. Just a black screen still.

I've already opened the case to see if I can reset the CMOS, the motherboard appears to be a: "ipm17-tp". I've found a label on the motherboard that says: ROM_RECOVERY, so I guess I should change a jumper there, but I can't find a manual on this board so I have no idea how to place it.

I would appreciate any clue to help me unbrick this machine : )

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
kvz
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I solved my issue. I had somehow broken the geforce card in it, but when I ripped the plastic from the onboard graphics hdmi port, i was able to connect a monitor and get to the bios to reset it.

It would still be interesting to have documentation on reseting the bios via the jumper though, but it's not time-pressing for me : )

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation