Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 3 (4,825 Views)

Reset my new Pavilion 500 pc, 1 day old

I bought a new HP Pavilion 500 Pc and screwed up the set up and would like to wipe it out and start over.It is 1 day old,with windows 8

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (4,823 Views)

Re: Reset my new Pavilion 500 pc, 1 day old

[ Edited ]

Hi:

Please see if performing the steps below help.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03489643

Teacher
Message 3 of 3 (4,810 Views)

Re: Reset my new Pavilion 500 pc, 1 day old

[ Edited ]

jymmy wrote:

I bought a new HP Pavilion 500 Pc and screwed up the set up and would like to wipe it out and start over.It is 1 day old,with windows 8

Jimmy,

Exactly what do you mean by "screwed up the set-up?

Why don't you try fixing what you screwed up first?

I assume you created your Recovery Disks but there is not a 100% guarantee that the Recovery process will go as planned.  Something as simple as one of your disks can't be read or the USB skips a beat then you are up-the-creek.  Occasionally, even recovery disks sent from HP don't work properly.  I always consider Recovery to Factory Status a last resort.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation