cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Meko17
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Restart update stalled. Now will not boot

HP Recommended
Pavilion 510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I logged off last night I noticed it had an update so I updated and shut down.  I restarted it later last night and it stalled on updating.    I turned it off and it started on previous version.  I again tried to update and restart.  It stalled again.  I got it updating again and left it on all night to see if it just needed time, but this morning it was stalled again, still a black screen.  I have only had this computer for 2 weeks and only downloaded a single game, WoW.  I cannot find any help on support pages and cannot locate a number to call.  I stopped my husband from doing the "required" update on his computer which is only 6 months or so older than mine.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Resolv_S
Retired
Retired
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey@Meko17,

Thanks for reaching out to HP Support Forums. One stop for all solutions about your HP product.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

I was going through your post and would like to help you. Thank you for sharing the issue details.

This seems to be an issue with the Windows update issue.

I am fortunately able to find a workaround.

I will share steps which I request you to follow and check if that works.

• Disconnect the power cable from the back of the PC.
  • With the power cable disconnected, press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • After 15 to 20 seconds, reconnect the power cable and power up the PC and check if it boots fine.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Meko17
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It still did not start up. Finally got it to run some tests and all are checking out fine
0 Kudos
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,537
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Meko17

Thanks for replying with the results. 🙂 I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a great job. If the hardware tests (hard drive and memory) have passed then the evidence points towards the operating system. Let me help you to troubleshoot the operating system. 

I recommend you to follow the step by step HP troubleshooter guide to isolate the issue and arrive at a solution: http://hp.care/2fqSeOU. Let me know how it goes. I'm always here to support. Good luck!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation