Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (6,497 Views)

Restore backup from WD Passport to hard drive?

New to the forum, please correct me if I have chosen the wrong section.

Pavilion desktop, XP,  usb Passport Western Digital external drive used as backup drive.  I set it up when purchased to do autobackup once a week. Inspection of Directory of Passport shows list of periodic backups,  it's been some time but I'm quite sure I used a Synch function when setting the Passport up close to 35 weeks ago Anyone know how to restore a full backup from a backup made many weeks ago? Can't seem to find module that lets me spec the date of the backup I want.

Caught a blaster virus/worm, four days of bloody hell wiping it out, forced to system restore, still not up again, need to do a full drive restore from the Passport backup at least three weeks ago.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (6,494 Views)

Re: Restore backup from WD Passport to hard drive?

[ Edited ]

I wish I could tell you the exact steps to take, but though I use a WD Passport for backup I preferred not to use the included software opting to use my own.

Maybe this will help>>> How to restore WD Sync files

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation