Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jfrank Top Student
Top Student
8 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Runner File Error (updates from HP.exe) lacks (-) ( the app id separator)

I have a Pavilion a1620y CTO desktop running XP Pro. The above error started all of a sudden and i can find where to go to eliminate it.  I UN-installed the HP update in the (Add Remove Program) Then I also went through the registry deleting all the "BacWeb" ergistry entries. However I still have the same error show up on restart and would like to get rid of it.

I have to keep the old computer due to the fact that many of my HP Products of the 2007-08 vintage do not have drivers available in Windows 7 as I have learned via my new HP Dv6 notebook.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Teacher
Teacher
82 5 21
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Sorry you're having problems with your PC.

Take a look at this link and see if this helps you with your isue.

Thanks for being a loyal HP customer!

My response is my own and not HP's.
If this solves your issue please mark "Accept as Solution."
Click on the white Kudos star to show your appreciation.

jfrank Top Student
Top Student
8 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for the information. It did work once I found away around the permission thing which I have never figured out. Msconfig would not allow me to change anything as it keeps telling me I do not have permission to do so. I have myself setup as Administrator as I am the only user period. But can't un-check yhe program through msconfig. I tried Fix Cleaner but it doesn't show the program in the listing of it's start up manager. I then went to another program I have called PC Mighty Max and was able to uncheck the program and it now doesn't pop up with the error on start up.

I wish I could understand all the permissions thing but I don't and probably never will. I had Vista on this machine and it had all but stopped me from using it even though I never played with the same nonsense so I formatted the drive and went back to XP Pro. Thanks again, J. King

0 Kudos
Tags (2)

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation