Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MANASE Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SECURITY ACCESS ERROR (ACCESS DENIED)

I want to make myself the object owner for my pc and I cannot, I did a security setting when the pc was new but I have just forgot how I did it and currently cannot install programs. please guide.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Professor Professor
Professor
2169 101 355
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi MANASE,

What is the model # of your PC?

What Operating System do you have?

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
Dean
Dean
11043 574 1601
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 allows multiple user-IDs to be created, in two classes:

* Administrator-level account, that can install programs,

* Normal account, that cannot install programs (except into their own account).

When you logon to a normal account, it makes it more difficult for computer-viruses to intall themselves.

Anyway, in your case, "logout" from your normal account, and "login" to your Administrator account, install the program, and logout.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation