Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP PAVILLON500-107eb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since someweeks my HP 500 starts and restarts several times.When after minutes long  the startscreen appears , the cursor dozs not work. Ik brought my complete installation(except the modem!!!) to my local HP supplier and it worked.

After  bringing back PC to my home it was OK for a few days.

Again the PC needs several minutes to start up with many trials...Th green power light is on but as said the only not tested peripheral is the modem...

Please Help as i see my supplier only next week and i need desparatly to finisch a paper;

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @CAESAR12, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand that you have startup issues with your PC.

Don't worry I'd like to help.

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your PC?

Try performing a hard reset on your PC and check if it helps.

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset." Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:
Turn off the computer completely; disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.
With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.
Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.
If the computer starts, you are done.
If the computer still does not start and exhibits the same problem, continue the troubleshooting.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot start up issues.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.